12.13.2010

Greyhound Bus

Today I'm going home! That's San Diego these days. I've been away for the past 3 months, hitch hiking up the coast of California into Oregon, then I took the bus to Texas and came to Missouri with my parents. I'm so ready to go back to San Diego and settle into a place for the winter, probably longer. Nothing excites me more right now than thinking about the garden that I started with my friends in Vista. It was nothing but a big flattened out piece of dirt with no top soil, and we have slowly been adding compost, manure, and straw to build up the soil so we can grow on it. When I left, we didn't have much besides herbs, succulents, and a few strawberries and spinach. Last I talked to my buddy Ricky, things are going really well there! So great to hear. A chicken coop was in the works when I left, so there could very well be chickens pecking around by now! All I want to do is find a place to camp nearby, wake up every morning to some raw breakfast, and bike over to the garden to work with my SD family. Nothing sounds better.

I'll be getting on the Greyhound bus at 1:45pm today, arriving in San Diego at 5:45am Wednesday... that's a long ass bus ride, but I'm ready for it! Brought a bunch of granola, bananas, whole grain graham crackers, organic peanut butter, and plenty of agua. It's a beautiful trip through the desert of the southwest, one of my favourite places. Bon voyage!

2 comments:

  1. Dez,
    No more hick hicking okay?There are so many weirdos out there these days.

    I know you are anxious to get to SD but be safe okay?
    Please let me know when you arrive okay?

    I am happy for you though. Sunshine and gardens here she comes !!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in San Diego and all is well. I can't promise I won't go hitch hiking again.. it was one of the funnest experiences of my life! There definitely are a lot of weirdos out there, but I always play it safe.

    ReplyDelete